Southwest has a promo that will give you companion pass privileges between the Jan 06 – Feb 28, 2021. Your companion can fly free (+$5.60 tax) with you on any flights between those dates.
Note that this companion pass only covers Jan and Feb of next year. A regular companion pass usually requires about 75 flights/100,000 points, but covers the whole year. Being able to get a temporary companion pass with just one flight seems like a pretty good deal to us though.
To get the promotion, you must register [on Southwest Airlines’s website], book a flight between now and September 24th, and complete their flight before November 15th. The lowest price that we’re seeing that will trigger a companion pass is about $90 round-trip, but one-way trips will trigger the requirement as well, so it is possible to do this for about $45.
- Member must register for this promotion, purchase a new qualifying revenue flight between September 22 and September 24, 2020 for travel that must be completed between September 22 and November 15, 2020
- Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel
- A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections OR a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal
- This includes domestic and international revenue flights booked in any fare family (Wanna Get Away®, Anytime, or Business Select®)
- The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking the Member’s qualifying flight
- Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion