The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamp). Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time. This website contains cookies for personalized ads and links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of ads, affiliate links, and cookies.
SAS has round-trip flights from Chicago (ORD) to Europe (see full list below) for $275-$410 with a connection. Flights January to March.
Note: Carry on bag with a maximum weight of 18 lbs is allowed for free on SAS. You can avoid seat selection fees by accepting the randomly assigned seat at the gate.
Here’s a list of the destinations on sale.
- Use Google Flights to pull up these fares.
- $385 – Amsterdam
- $385 – Athens (route has a long return connection)
- $368 – Berlin
- $321 – Birmingham (route has long connection times)
- $392 – Brussels
- $388 – Copenhagen
- $275 – Dublin
- $372 – Dusseldorf
- $380 – Edinburgh (route has long connection times)
- $387 – Frankfurt
- $378 – Geneva
- $365 – Hamburg
- $399 – Helsinki
- $384 – Krakow
- $363 – Luxembourg
- $381 – Manchester
- $399 – Milan
- $381 – Munich
- $375 – Nice
- $387 – Oslo
- $387 – Paris
- $405 – Rome
- $398 – Stockholm
- $368 – Thessaloniki (route has long connection times)
- $387 – Zurich
- (We may have missed a few smaller airports, so experiment on those on your own)
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Denver / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio).
- Follow us on Instagram (New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Denver / Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio).
- Say Hello on Twitter (New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle & Portland / Denver / Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio).
- Like us on Facebook (New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Denver / Houston / Dallas / Austin & San Antonio).
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $523
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.com, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Avianca, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city:
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Houston (via our website: Escape Houston)
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio (via our website: Escape ATX)
- Flights from Dallas (via our website: Cheap DFW)
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)